Oleh : WarungQQ
Here is a simple tasty recipe for Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Chard, Toasted Walnuts and Chèvre. A healthy low-carb meal perfect for serving with your favorite protein.
What I love about this Spaghetti Squash Recipe, made with Chard, Walnuts and Chèvre is its simplicity yet full flavor.
Pungent garlic, a hit of spice from the red pepper flakes, rich toasty walnuts and creamy goat cheese. The neutral-flavored spaghetti squash gives so much pleasant texture. Honestly, spaghetti squash does not taste like pasta, but it is good in its own right!
When you are looking for a lighter vegetable-focused meal, spaghetti squash is a perfect choice!
What you’ll need:
How to make Spaghetti Squash with Chard & Walnuts
Roast the spaghetti squash following this recipe.
Slicing and roasting in the squash in rings creates long strands with the perfect texture.
While the spaghetti squash is roasting, cut the chard stems into thin ribbons and chop garlic.
Sauté garlic, chard stems, and red pepper flakes with olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add chard leaves and salt stir for 2 minutes until wilted and fully coated with the oil.
Add 1 tablespoon of water and cover and steam for 2 minutes.
Gently stir in cooked roasted spaghetti squash and heat until warm.
Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and toasted walnuts over the top.
Serve this as it is for a light meal topped with your favorite protein, or as a side dish.
What to Serve with Spaghetti Squash with Chard, Walnuts and Chèvre
Can this be made Vegan?
Yes! Just leave out the goat cheese and add a squeeze of lemon. If you like, top with this Vegan Cheesy Sprinkle instead.
Ways to elevate
More recipes you may enjoy
Here is a tasty simple recipe for Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Chard, Toasted Walnuts and Chèvre. Serve with your favorite protein for a low-carb healthy meal.
- 3 cups spaghetti squash from 1 medium squash- (check here on how to Cook Spaghetti Squash)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch, swiss chard 4 cups shredded, 130 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 ounces chevre
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts (see notes)
- Roast spaghetti squash following this recipe.
- Dice the stems of the chard and set aside. Cut the leaves of chard into thin ribbons.
- Sauté garlic, chard stems, and red pepper flakes with olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chard ribbons and salt stir for 2 minutes until wilted and fully coated with the oil. Add 1 tablespoon of water and cover and steam for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked roasted spaghetti squash, stir in and heat until warm.
- Sprinkle goat cheese and toasted walnuts over the top.
- Add salt and pepper, if needed and serve!
Ways to elevate, add chickpeas, tofu bacon, capers, fresh tomatoes, a squeeze of lemon.
To toast walnuts place in a preheated oven at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash Recipe, Roasted Spaghetti Squash recipe, Spaghetti Squash with Chard