Oleh : WarungQQ
How to make Crispy Oven Roasted Broccoli – perfect as a simple side dish or use to enhance other dishes. Baking in a hot oven yields tender-crisp broccoli in under 30 minutes. Fast and EASY Recipe!
Here’s another foundational recipe for the newer cooks out there- Roasted Broccoli. It is as simple as it is delicious! A quick chop and drizzle of olive oil and into the oven it goes. Roasting enhances the beloved broccoli flavor with a few crisp edges and a perfectly tender texture.
Serve it as a simple side dish hot out of the oven with a squeeze of lemon. Or try adding different sauces (scroll down for more fun ideas!). Or use this roasted broccoli recipe as a healthy addition to buddha bowls, pasta dishes, and salads. We are sure you will find many inspired ways to use it!
Ingredients for Easy Roasted Broccoli
How to Make Crispy Oven-Roasted Broccoli
Preheat oven 450F
Step One: Cut the broccoli into 1-2 inch pieces. Cutting bigger than bite-size helps them get a good sear without overcooking. Cut the stem into 2 inch lengths about 1/2 inch thick.
Step Two: Place the cut broccoli in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and a couple of pinches of salt.
Toss the broccoli florets and stems with olive oil.
Tip: Rubbing the oil into the broccoli with your hands will coat it more thoroughly and help it achieve crispy edges.
Step Three: Lay out the broccoli in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step Four: Bake at 450F for 15-20 minutes.
Once you have your Crispy Roasted Broccoli- think of the many things you will be able to do with it! Doctor it up with flavorful sauces and spice mixes to create the perfect side dish to pair with what you are serving.
Get creative with Sauces and Spices!
Add Roasted Broccoli to:
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes:
This Easy Roasted Broccoli Recipe is perfect as a simple side dish or use to enhance other dishes. Baking in a hot oven yields tender-crisp broccoli all in under 30 minutes.
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Trim off the tougher stem and peel broccoli stem if needed. (If broccoli is freshly picked it will probably not need peeling).
- Cut into slightly larger then bite sized pieces. This size allows the broccoli to get a good sear without over cooking. Cut the stem into 2 inch lengths about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place cut broccoli in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper into the broccoli lightly massaging in with your hands.
- Arrange broccoli in a single layer, on a sheet pan covered with parchment (optional, but makes for easy clean up).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The broccoli with continue to cook on the sheet pan, when you bring it out of the oven. Move immediately to a serving dish to keep it tender crisp.
- Serve warm as it or with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Check out additional serving suggestions in the notes.